REPLACED OR REPAIRS SINCE INCEPTION
(Not in order performed):
1. FRONT DISC BREAK CALIPERS REPLACED (Warranty) (Fourth month after Ownership)
a. Dealer bitched at me about the Dual Exhaust System, said it may void warranty, NOT!
1. BREAKS (Two times only to
a. Rotors cut - Metallic Pads
b. Organic Pads, Rotor not touched, did this one myself
I. TRAILING ARM BUSHINGS (Rear
Suspension) (Warranty Work)
a. Passenger side, Front & Rear
1. TRANS FRONT PUMP (Trouble
not resolved: aka TNR / Warranty Work)
2. TRANS LOCKOUT SOLENOID (TNR)
a. Car returned, lockout still not working.
b. Dealer did not say anything about the Trans Cooler I added
3. TORQUE CONVERTER & LOCKOUT CLUTCH (Trouble Resolved / Warranty work)
1. EXHAUST SYSTEM REPLACEMENTS
TO DATE = 4
a. Custom Duals, two mufflers & tail pipes ($80.00) [Second Month of Ownership]
1. Various repair of hangers.
b. Replacement Duals, single bullet muffler, "Y"'d to dual tail pipes ($40.00)
c. Single "stock" like exhaust ($25.00)
d. Test pipe for temp exhaust fix
1. DISTRIBUTOR CAP & ROTOR (Every two years) ($34.00)
1. PCV @ 28K
1. PCV @ 45K (Should be last replacement, I over-did this replacement, should be once every 50k)
1. TIRES @ 57K (60k Mile Stock
Tiger Paws lasted, minimum inspection passing tread left!) ($240.00)
a. P205 Tiger Paws (Rear)
b. P205 Economizer (Front)
I. TIRES (all 4 for $50.00,
+$50.00 to mount and balance)
a. P235s, All rims (Still have all new 205s)
1. TIMING BELT @ 60K ($50.00) (Should be last replacement)
1. VALVE COVER GASKET ($12.00
a. First one Failed, was given gasket adhesive, not a silicone based sealant. leaked oil for 13.8 miles)
b. Second Took with right sealer.
1. REAR MAIN SEAL (75.4k Miles)
2. VALVE COVER GASKET
a. Valves Adjusted (1st time!): Only one "really" needed adjusted.
b. Cam wear visible, but very little actually.
3. OIL PAN GASKET (Combined total of $150.00)
a. Stock gaskets are "glued" on.
1. 92' BLACK CONVERTIBLE TOP (Given to me) REPLACED WHITE STOCK
1. REAR CONVERTIBLE TOP WINDOW ($61.00)
1. K&N FILTERCHARGER ($45.00)
a. Part No. RC-4160 (Chrome Cap)
I. 2 & 1/4" Exhaust Conversion ($60.00)
I. Transmission Mount ($0.00)
- Traded for P235 Tires
a. Back to my older-NEW P205 Series Tires
I. Distributor Housing Oil Leak
Fixed ($0.00) (Still leaking 3/6/2000)
a. Was a loose bolt
b. Is leaking again (3/31/00)
c. Tightened once more, leak is very little, but still leaking (5/29/00)
I. Coolant Leak (Under pump
shaft, under the intake manifold) Fixed ($0.00)
a. Was a loose clamp - replaced with section of larger diameter, and replaced clamps (Fixed)
I. Castrol Full Synthetic Oil ($25.00 + Extra Capacity Filter)
I. Besttop SUNPORT - Two Piece Convertible Top ($300.16)
I. Prestiege Alarm System ($160.00
a. Added four strobe lights for alarm visual effects ($60.00)
b. Two more higher power strobes added later ($30.00)
I. Bosche Platinum +4 Spark Plugs (35.00)
I. New Fan Belt ($12.50)
I. Gabriel Premium Gas Shocks (Rear) ($35.00-pair)
I. Goodyear Decathlon P205 All
Season Radials (Two - Front) ($165.00 total for all items listed)
a. Spin Balance All Four Tires
b. Front End Allignment
I. New Rotors ($59.98)
a. Metallic Brake Pads ($12.50)
b. Brake Shoes ($12.99)
I. Distributor housing seal
Made my own gasget with Permatex gasket maker.
I. Traded in on a 2000 Dodge
Not included are Additional items, cleaning of engine & compartment every six months, typical 3k mile oil changes, 30k Mile Trans oil & filter changes, differential gear oil change at 50k, spark plugs, wiper blades, air cleaners, oil and trans additives (Duralube, then Prolong).
Trans Lockout has failed again, will not repair
Engine is in TIP TOP shape for 77k miles!